Most scientific complexities can be solved with these simple secrets.
- The more novel your findings, the more likely your grant will be triaged.
- Sisyphus was a graduate student.
- Let your leftover lunch rot in the break room. If your career in biochemistry fails, you may have one in microbiology.
- Experiments fail for a reason. Or no reason at all.
- Liquid nitrogen is an extremely efficient, though somewhat expensive, floor cleaner. Acetone is not.
- Isoamyl alcohol may be poison, but it tastes great over pancakes!
- If you lose track of your tubes while pipetting, just keep going. Your experiment wouldn’t have worked anyway.
- The UV light box is cheaper than a tanning salon.
- There’s no idea too grand, no thought too profound, and no concept too bold for your PI to shoot down in 5 seconds.
- The tube you’re looking for can easily be found in the last row of the last column of the last box you check.
- Dying is easy. Science is hard.
Quartzy is the world’s No. 1 lab management platform. We help scientists easily organize orders, manage inventory, and save money. We’re free and always will be. Visit Quartzy.com or reach out at email@example.com.
Interested in writing for The Q? Send us an email!